quarta-feira, 5 de junho de 2013

Back to Business

Ufa ... this last embark was quite something. We had two influxes: one from water and another from gas. It has been some time that I didn't participate of a kick. But, thanks for the people we had on the rig (Toolpusher, CoMan, Drillers and us, DD's) we had identified everything from the beginning. A real team work. No harms were done to the people nor to the environment.

There are some few things I observed that I would like to test using CFD:
  • How the pump pressure is going to behave when we have a lighter mud on the annular?
  • How the pump pressure is going to behave when we have a heavier mud on the annular?
  • How the gas is going to behave inside of the annular while migrating?
  • How mud weight acts on gas migration? 
I didn't have time to search on SPE papers these items, and they do exist in there ... but ... I want to try to solve them using CFD.

While on the rig I couldn't run any simulation but I had studied Salomé a little bit more. Now I'm able to create a quite simple annular structured mesh with viscous layers. 

So, to a next post I'll use this method and solve again the annular problem using Openfoam. Expect to find on the next two posts:
  • Creating a Structured Annular Grid with Viscous Layers in Salomé;
  • How to set Icofoam to solve the Annular Flow problem.

Visit from the sky.
Dolphins trying to hijack the rig. We had to use water hoses to disperse them. :P

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário